Mmotalks.com Cookies PolicyMmotalks.com Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
We use our own cookies to recognise you when you visit our website or use our apps. This means that you don’t have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings.
Those cookies with one- or two-letter names (such as “a”, “c” or “qc”) are Mmotalks.com cookies.
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of this analysis by Google, please see the Opting Out section below.
Google AdWords and Google Remarketing
We use the online advertising program Google AdWords and the Google Remarketing technology, both operated by the company Google Inc. ("Google") .
For measuring conversion with Google AdWords, a conversion tracking cookie is placed when a user clicks on a Mmotalks.com advertisement delivered by Google (“Ads”). Conversion tracking cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. Google uses a different cookie for each Google AdWords customer and there is no consolidation of the cookie data with other data. If you click on one of our Ads and proceed to a page equipped with a conversion tag and the cookie has not yet expired, the conversion is documented. With the help of the conversion tracking cookie we see the total number of conversions and are able to review the performance of our Ads. You can find more information about Google AdWords here.
When you click on one of our Ads, a Google Remarketing cookie is placed. This cookie helps to serve our Ads to you at a later time when you browse pages of the Google content network. Remarketing cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. For more information on Google Remarketing, please see here.
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of personalized ad serving by Google, please see the Opting Out section below.
Please be aware that even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your current IP-address, your browser type and recent, previous searches related to your current search.
Quantcast cookies are those beginning “__qca”.
To opt out of this analysis by Quantcast, please see the Opting Out section below.
In addition to cookies, we also use the following standard Internet technologies in connection with your use of the Platform:
-Clear GIFs: We use “clear GIFs”, sometimes known as “web bugs”, which are small image files that we embed into our email newsletters. These clear GIFs tell us whether you opened the newsletter, clicked on any of the content or forwarded the newsletter to someone else. This provides us with useful information regarding the effectiveness of our email newsletters, which we can use to ensure that we are delivering information that is relevant to our users.
- Flash cookies: We use Flash cookies to synchronise information between multiple Mmotalks.com® players. This ensures that one player is stopped when another player starts. We do not use Flash cookies for the purposes of collecting any personal data, and do not use Flash cookies to respawn any cookies that you might previously have deleted.
- HTML5 local storage: We use HTML5 local storage to store your default listening volume (i.e. the volume at which you prefer to hear sounds on Mmotalks.com®) and, in the case of pro users, to set the widget control colour. If you access the mobile version of our website, we use HTML5 local storage to store certain cookie data, including your user plan, authentication data, your username and your display preferences. We further use HTML5 local storage to store the track IDs of the last 250 sounds you have listened to. This information helps us to suggest content that you might enjoy when you visit the Platform without being logged in or when you sign up for a Mmotalks.com account. Depending on your browser you can remove local storage when clearing your cache and cookies. We do not use HTML5 local storage to collect any personal data.
- App performance tracking: Our mobile apps use the app performance and analysis technology “adjust.io”, a service provided by Adjust GmbH ("Adjust"). When you launch the Mmotalks.com app, Adjust collects install and event data such as the number of sounds played and the listening time from our iOS and Android mobile apps in order to help us understand how our users are interacting with our apps and to optimise and analyse mobile ad campaigns. For such analysis, Adjust uses your anonymized (hashed) IDFA or Android ID, and your anonymized (hashed) IP- and MAC address. The hashes used are one-way hashes and it is not possible to identify you or your mobile device individually. If you wish to opt-out of Adjust tracking, please see the Opting Out section below.
- Personalized advertising on mobile devices: Where cookie technology is not available other unique identifiers may be used instead (e.g. in mobile applications), which perform similar functions, such as IDFA, Android-ID or the Google Advertiser ID. To opt-out of identifiers on mobile, please see the Opting Out section below.
We think it’s important that you are able to control the collection of personal data relating to your use of Mmotalks.com®, and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below. (Please note that you cannot opt out of our use of Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage as these are necessary for the technical operation of the platform. However, we do not use these technologies to collect any personal data.)
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the Platform – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the Platform. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here.
- To opt-out of analysis by Quantcast on our website and other websites, please visit http://www.quantcast.com/opt-out.
- You can also disable analytics for mobile apps from the settings screen on your mobile device.
- To opt-out of tracking by Scorecard Research on our website and other websites, please visit http://scorecardresearch.com/optouttag.aspx.
- You can also manage many companies’ cookies used for online advertising at the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based Your Online Choices. Or you may choose to change your browser settings to opt-out of cookies.
- To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On Android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
- To opt-out of location tracking when using our apps, you can use the settings of your device.
Clear GIFs are included in our email newsletters. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by following the link in the newsletter itself, or by changing your email preferences within your Settings in your Mmotalks.com® account.
Activity Tracking and Bug Reporting:
You can use the settings within our iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the Mmotalks.com® tab. With an Android device you need to open the Mmotalks.com® app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app.
Consent to Cookies and Similar Technologies